Tuesday, February 14, 2012

In the Headlines: Venus & Uranus in Aries

I'll must admit that astrology is, for me, a continuing unfolding array of irony & surprise --especially over the past weekend. I came home from dinner with friends, feeling pretty groovy when I booted up my computer & saw the breaking news headlines: Whitney Houston dead at 48!

I'm an 80s gal, going through high school, college & my first venture into the working world and, through the music of that time period, fondly remember people, places & events which reflected the world around me. And the awesome voice & shining personality of a young Whitney Houston & her music definitely played a big part of those years for me.



So, as you might imagine, my heart sank at the news of her untimely passing at 48 and just days before the Grammys, where her music had left their mark, in her heyday, on all of us who'd grown up to her pop songs & heart stirring ballads.

I quickly drew up an astrology chart and looked --sure enough, Venus, the planet of ultra-feminine charm & grace was meeting up with Uranus, the planet of 'surprises' & known for its energies to 'shake us up'.

Yep, talk about the cosmos hitting the nail on the head!

Later, after I found her birth information, I pulled Whitney's birth chart & realized just what a challenge this lifetime was for her. Like most of her fans, I, personally, wasn't happy with her later life decisions, but always hoped she'd get her act together, get off drugs & make a successful comeback.

But, alas, it all ended too soon.



Now, I didn't watch the Grammys, but did see the videos posted online of Jennifer Hudson's touching tribute to Whitney. I also saw the footage of Adele, an English soul singer, who got a standing ovation from the audience in a post-throat surgery comeback performance, then she won several music categories & carried home the gold!



What does this have to do with Kosmic Astrology? Well, to me, both ladies took to the stage & sang with the power, beauty & emotional strength of Venus in Aries --don't you agree? And, coupled with the erratic energies of Uranus, that's one heady combination!

The events of this past weekend, both the sudden tragedy & triumph of these amazing women are reminders of how the Venusian energies, together with Uranus, can sometimes express themselves in the world around us.

Thanks for reading & sharing my blog! If you'd like to share your astro-insights, please feel free to do so in the comments block below. I'd love to hear from you too!

So, until next time --

Big Hugs & Kosmic Blessings,
Sabrina )O(

* * *

No comments:

Post a Comment